A few months ago, I purchased an old house in a transitioning neighborhood and did a lot of the renovations myself, including scraping off the peeling paint in the basement. Anyway, a few weeks into the remodeling, I started having really bad headaches and just feeling totally listless. My doctor ran tests and found I had high levels of lead in my blood. I am pretty sure the poisoning came from the old paint in the house I bought, but I'm not sure whether the former owners who sold me the house knew about the lead-based paint. If they did know, can I bring an action against them?